Monday, June 21, 2010

First Post

Here's the first post of my blog. I'm starting this because I seem to rant much lately, and sometimes at the expense of the patience of my loved ones and innocent acquaintances. Surely this is a safer and more cathartic way for me to rage at the world ... right?

About me: I'm an American expat living in the Netherlands. I've lived here 20 years, but it'll never ever feel like home to me (don't worry: you'll eventually get to hear my frustrations with this 'perfect' land). I'm a professional musician, and have the worst employer in the world (who shall of course remain nameless!). I've got some great kids, and an incredibly smart and beautiful wife for whom I'm grateful every single day.

So: what gets written here is entirely for me, but should you care to read along, you'll eventually see some fine rants about American politics (how unique!), life abroad, petty frustrations of everyday life, and whatever else happens to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment